HOMEHome Page> Corporate Information> Company history

Company history

1925 Established Yamamoto Chemical Research Institute at Jyoto-Ku, Osaka
Launched domestic manufacturing of organic dyes
1954 Started manufacturing of oil-soluble dyes for felt pens
1955 Changed the company name to Yamamoto Chemical Gosei, Inc.
1956 Started manufacturing of quinizarin and its derivatives
1963 Transferred its head office and plant to Yao City
1966 Started manufacturing of 2-ethyl-anthraquinone
1969 Concluded the joint research agreement with NCR Company (present API Company) in U.S.A.
1970 Started manufacturing of the dye “One Dye Black” for heat sensitive・pressure-sensitive recording papers
Started manufacturing of 2-amyl-anthoraquinone
1971 Capital participation by Mitsui Chemicals, Inc. and Mitsui & Co., Ltd.
1980 Started manufacturing of 2-amyl-anthoraquinone H
1986 Opened Omuta Plant
Changed the company name to Yamamoto Chemicals, Inc.
Listed on the second section of the Osaka Securities Exchange
1988 Increased the capital to \2,134,152,000.-
1991 Took over ESCO Company, Inc. in U.S.A.
1993 Started manufacturing of NIR (near-infrared resonance) photosensitive dyes for optical disks
1995 Acquired ISO9002 Certification for the Omuta Plant
1996 Acquired ISO9002 Certification for the Yao Plant
2002 Acquired ISO14001 Certification for all facilities of Yamamoto Chemicals, Inc.
2003 Started manufacturing of dyes for CTP
2006 Delisted on the second section of the Osaka Securities Exchange
Mitsui Chemicals, Inc. acquired 100% ownership of Yamamoto Chemicals, Inc.
Started manufacturing of dyes for Organic EL
Started manufacturing of dyes for PDP
Started manufacturing of dyes for liquid crystal
2007 Decreased the capital to \350,000,000.-
2009 Transferred the Functional Coloring Materials Division from Mitsui Chemicals, Inc. to Yamamoto Chemicals, Inc.
Started manufacturing of dyes for polarization
Started manufacturing of dyes for sublimation

Corporate Information

PAGE TOP